WHAT WE DO IN PLOVDIV
- Improving the learning environment through the purchase of educational materials, educational games, interactive boards, etc. in order to support the educational process
- Better educational status of Roma children: mastering the Bulgarian language which will lead to an improved integration of Roma children into Bulgarian education system and reducing the dropout rates.
- At least 100 newly enrolled students each year in the extra Bulgarian language classes.
- One new multifunctional building, constructed to house the Stolipinovo Educational Center; the building is planned to have three premises, of which one will be used for sports activities.
- Construction of two playgrounds in Lilia kindergarten;
- Reconstruction and modernization of the courtyard of Lilia kindergarten;
- Securing the courtyard of Lilia kindergarten through installation of peripheral security system and video surveillance system;
- Training of at least seven educators to work in multicultural environment;
- Establishing a new library in Stolipinovo Educational Center and conducting regular public readings with the participation of parents and children enrolled in the two primary schools – Kiril Nektariev and Nayden Gerov - situated at the heart of Stolipinovo neighborhood.
- Integration of Roma children from Plovdiv and Kuklen through regular visits to cultural events such as opera, theatre, music festivals and concerts in order to facilitate the mastering of official Bulgarian language as well as to lay the foundation for more successful cultural integration of ethnic minority children. At least 1040 children and parents are expected to paricipate in various cultural, educational and sports activities
- Establishing Active Parents club in order to increase the involvement of parents in the education process. At least 430 parents will be enrolled in the Active Parents club in Stolipinovo.
- At least 80 parents will participate in the monthly meetings with education mediators in the town of Kuklen.
- Three education mediators will be hired and are expected to play an active role for establishing good relations between Roma parents and educational institutions in order to reduce dropout rates.
- Training of teachers and mediators from Plovdiv and Kuklen to work in a multicultural environment;
- Extra classes in Bulgarian language for at least 100 children from Plovdiv and Kuklen whose first language is not Bulgarian.
- Construction and equipping five offices for medical professionals and health mediators in a new extension to the Iztok Healthcare center in Stolipinovo, Plovdiv;
- Hiring of medical specialists and health mediators to work with the target group in Stolipinovo and Kuklen;;
- Training of health mediators to work with the target group;
- Medical examinations and health consultations in general medicine, child and maternal health, and obstetrics and gynecology, including free examinations for persons from the target group without health insurance
- One functional (newly built and equipped) extension to the Iztok Healthcare Center with 5 new offices (4 for medical professionals and 1 for mediators)
- Up to 3960 medical consultations, counselling, and screenings are provided for 2 years in the Iztok Health Center by 4 healthcare professionals to the residents of Stolipinovo, including people without no health insurance coverage.
- 1320 GP consultations carried out by 2 GPs in Kuklen for two-year period for the residents of Kuklen, including people without no health insurance coverage.
- The 3 new health mediators to establish a link between the Healthcare Center and Roma community and facilitate the access of Roma people to healthcare services
- Up to 20 health campaigns organized to raise awareness on important health related issues in Stolipinovo and Kuklen;
- At least 1500 people covered by the campaigns in Stolipinovo and in Kuklen;
- Awareness raised towards health promotion and disease prevention - regular immunization, prevention of socially significant diseases, family planning, etc.
- Integration of Roma children from Plovdiv and Kuklen through participation in various creative extracurricular activities related to art and music;
- At least two exhibitions held in Plovdiv and two exhibitions in Kuklen with artistic works of Roma children. These exhibitions will become public events that on one hand will attract the local Roma community and on the other will create a positive public image of Roma people as active and creative members of Bulgarian society. Project will contribute to active inclusion of 800 children and parents from Stolipinovo and 240 children and parents from Kuklen in public cultural events and school competitions.
- At least 8 sports and 8 school (academic) competitions and quizzes for students in primary grades. Regular sports and academic competitions will help reveal the entertaining aspects of education. These school events will be part of the extracurricular activities aiming to keep Roma children in school.
- Community mapping in order to gather new and updated information as well as to identify the needs of Roma people and other vulnerable groups living in Stolipinovo and Kuklen.