WHAT WE DO IN SHUMEN
Organizing of facilities for the formation of another group for children from 3 to 6 years old in Kindergarten “Proletna Daga.” The schedule includes construction and arrangement of activities room, a hallway space in front of the dormitory, dormitory, sanitary facility – washroom and toilets, locker room for the children, food dispensing office, corridors – large and small, walk-in wardrobe with storage space for items to be used for activities by interests, parents’ room on the second floor, medical office on the second floor, staircase to the main entrance, construction of sports playground, as well as widening, insulation and replacement of entrance doors, fitting of PVC window frames, new flooring, water and sewage amenities, repair of children’s and adults’ toilets and refreshment of wall paint in the branch facilities of the kindergarten – of total value 117 631 BGN.
- Repair of the kindergarten’s branch facility and its adjoining areas in Everest neighbourhood; this activity is intended to create better environment for the children’s learning activities and playground space.
- Classes for children who do not speak Bulgarian plus joint extracurricular activities for children, parents and teachers – “summer and weekend schools.”
- Training for teachers and parents.
- Campaigns and field work through health mediators, teacher assistants, mentors and volunteers from the Roma community aimed at better coverage of children in preschool and for the supporting of parents towards better care for their children.
- Refurbishment of Primary School “Hristo Botev” in village Ivanski and improvement of the additional structure to the main building. Construction of an additional building with sanitary units and medical office to the main school building.
- Classes with children from 7 to 10 years old to improve their command of Bulgarian language and for better learning results on the main school subjects.
- Training of teachers for the applying of the principles of intercultural education as a factor for the building of stimulating learning environment in school.
- “School for parents” intended to motivate the parents for more active participation in the educational process of their children.
- “Weekend schools” for development and demonstration of the creative potential of children, parents and teachers.
- Consultancies with parents whose children are in risk of dropping out from school, to be conducted in the three Shumen neighbourhoods: Mlada Gvardia, Everest and Vitosha, and also in village Ivanski.
- Refurbishment and repair of the healthcare facility in village Ivanski;
- Free preventive examinations for children, women and young families who do not have health insurances – a total of 300 women and 150 children aged from 0 to 7 years old in Shumen and village Ivanski;
- One health mediator for village Ivanski will receive training;
- Identifying of children without immunizations and encouraging their parents to provide for the immunization of their children in Shumen neighbourhoods Mlada Gvardia, Everest and Vitosha, and in village Ivanski;
- Awareness raising campaigns among Roma parents for health prevention and healthcare – 15 campaigns in Shumen and in village Ivanski.
- Free gynaecological examinations for women without health insurances in Shumen and in village Ivanski – a minimum of 200 women will be covered by the campaign;
- Consultancies and providing of information for women in reproductive age in Shumen and village Ivanski – a minimum 200 consultancies will be delivered;
- Preventive medical examinations for women, young mothers and children, and pregnant women.
- Providing of free contraceptives for the persons in need in Shumen neighbourhoods Mlada Gvardia, Everest and Vitosha, and in village Ivanski.
- Health trainings for young people and parents in the three Shumen neighbourhoods and in village Ivanski.